Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Time to reflect

It's a few days before Thanksgiving, only one by the time you read this, and I'm taking a few minutes to look back at what I was writing about last year at this time.

My very first entry was just over a year ago. The concerns over having material to write about seemed to be overblown.....mostly.

While I hoped the Bears were going to be 8-0, they lost and went to 7-1. Still, a far sight better than the 4-6 record they have this year. Ugh.

Some things are quite the same though as T-Rex was deployed in Basra just like this year!! Actually, T-Rex has come in to be debriefed and I saw today that all of the plants around the rat holes have been removed by the landscaper for our neighbors. This means T-Rex will be completely exposed during the day. I'm thinking I'll deploy him at night and bring him back home in the morning, regardless of whether he's caught anything.

Of course no recap would be complete without my trip to Dallas being covered. Though the trip and our relationship was a bit of a roller coaster (think steep climbs, steeper falls, hard curves and upside down travels), I seemed to have written positively about the experience at the time. At least I learned about the french press!!

And of course, who could forget the Thanksgiving Day pictures I posted which included the paper plates on the table. Yes, I was appalled at the time, but they did make cleanup easier. I've been assured that this year we indeed are going to have REAL plates to eat off of when MWrigley visits. We'll see.....we'll see.

So some things have changed (the Bears, dinner plates and MWrigley) and some things haven't like the rats in Basra and that I'm still blogging!!

5 comments:

alexis said...

and still managing to combine rat killing and cooking in that way that makes me stop eating breakfast... congrats Joe and happy thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Had you ever once, washed or dried the Thanksgiving and Christmas dishes you would realize what a relief it was to ONE TIME not have to do that. Of course we will use the nice dishes this year..you know the ones, they are stamped...CHINET...LOL

Anonymous said...

Only one year? You mean we have years more to go with this? It seems like a lifetime already.

Just the switch from Dallas to MWrigley is a sign of what a wonderful year it was for you.

And notice yet another 'french' reference.

stef said...

What did you end up deciding to make to bring to Thanksgiving?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Bee, I know you're old, but you also have a very selective memory! I've helped dry the dishes....twice. So there. I refuse to do them while a perfectly good dishwasher goes unused.

Thanks Alexis! Have a great....Thursday yourself!!

It has been a good year el supremo. Damn good.

MWrigley decided on a spinach/artichoke dip Stef. Sounded yummy all heated up with melted cheese. Mmmmmmmm......