Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You have to know your readers!

With Thanksgiving around the corner, I turn to you, my faithful readers, for appetizer (or other portion of the meal) ideas for MWrigley and me to bring to Thanksgiving dinner.

Here are some things to keep in mind when making suggestions:

Dinner will be in Naperville. 'nuff said really.

Dinner is actually a late lunch, around 2-3 or so.

Already on the menu (outside of dinner):
Bee's famous deviled eggs.
Shrimp with dip.
Pumpkin pie from Other Sis.

We're currently pondering a few things: a cherry pie (my dad LOVES cherry pie), carrot cake, caprese and pasta salad. We may bring some combination.

On a completely unrelated note: T-REX HAS STRUCK AGAIN!!!! It's his first kill in the Basra region of my neighbor's yard. A quick, blood-less neck breaking. He's been recalled from the front for cleaning and fumigation to remove the odor of dead rat. Redeployment is anticipated in two days.

6 comments:

alexis said...

ohhh, can I come too? If someone pays for the plane ticket.

Anonymous said...

Go T-Rex!

How about the bacon wrapped shrimp from tailgating?

stef said...

Thanksgiving menu to T-Rex. An interesting way to mix two topics...

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

C'mon you foodies! I expect great ideas from you.

My concern about bacon wrapped shrimp is that my mom is already putting out shrimp and cocktail sauce. I could go bacon wrapped figs though.

Anonymous said...

you know that's something that most of us haven't tried so I'd say go for it...the worst that can happen is that your suspicions about your family are confirmed...we have pedestrian appetites (meat & taters) and the very best is that you are responsible for introducing something new and tasty! BTW I will be experimenting with horseradish in the eggs this year!

Anonymous said...

Fine, fine, fine -- if you want something foodie try shrimp and cheese Spanish croquettas; a tapas. It's a three step process - make filling and cool. Form filling into balls and coat with covering and cool. Then deep fry. Gloria can send you some filling she has in the freezer by Fed Ex and dry ice