Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Busy Month on the Way

Tough to get motivated to write today after such a positive response to my post yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't write any of it! Oh well, at least I could pass along some good humor.

Since I was working most of the day today, not a whole lot of blog worthy things transpired I have to say. In search of news, I looked on CNN's website this morning and was confronted with many different articles of interest from around the world. The first article that I started to click on?? "Brittany spears caught on video running red light." Fortunately I caught myself before succumbing to the allure of trashy stories. Why do they even have a story like that under Bhutto being placed under house arrest? Just doesn't seem right.

Looks like MWrigley and I have a busy next month together. To start, she'll be coming over to my folks place on Thanksgiving. It should be quite the event, hopefully without incident. Can I count on my family to be on good behavior? Hell's no!!

The first weekend in December my softball team will be playing in a large tournament in Las Vegas. In a bold move, I've invited MWrigley along. It should be a nice trip, but my softball teammates can be pretty merciless too. Hopefully we'll be focused on winning.

MWrigley has a few extra days of vacation left over, so we're planning a weekend trip somewhere. We may be heading north to a remote place in Wisconsin, but nothing's finalized yet.

And finally, her parents are coming to Chicago for Christmas, so I'll meet her mom and step-dad. Not to mention there's the whole gift exchanging thing between the two of us. That event will be closely followed by New Year's Eve. Wow.

Holiday catalog count: 6

11 comments:

alexis said...

woah, mutual introduction to the parents! Hopefully no one will get too physically hurt but I recommend hiding those softball bats.

Anonymous said...

Oh c'mon we'll be good...it's not like she is some 18 year old waitress at Red Lobster...geez...

stef said...

Holy cow. Family introductions already?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

See bee, it's just those kind of comments....

Yep, family introductions already! I mean I guess we could NOT spend the holidays together, and maybe that would even be normal, but it seems odd to me. As you can tell from my posts, I an much happier when we're spending time together!

Anonymous said...

You've already been cited; this time I'll just let you off with a warning.

Anonymous said...

Well I know that saying a "remote part of Wisconsin" could be anywhere in the state, but if you are passing through our village on your way give us shout and maybe we can get together.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bee, you should have Pops wear his eye patch and periodically switch it to the other eye on Turkey Day!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Sorry dry dock, if we head up there, it will be closer to Madison. Thanks for the invite though!

Sorry Wuss Patrol, I know, I know.

No patch these days dogbrian! Not that he needs a reason to throw a patch on! Saw pops this weekend without glasses for the first time in memory. He loves watching tv even MORE now!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Dog, I love you! That is brilliant...Bwahahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah and you might actually fit in some work in the non-occupied spaces

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Strike two bee!!

No chance el supremo...no chance.