Wednesday, November 28, 2007

All over the board......the table top shuffleboard that is.

The other day I saw The Maestro episode of Seinfeld where this character, The Maestro, wants the autograph of the third guy in The Three Tenors. They don't show the third tenor's face really and never mention his name. That caused me to go to Wikipedia and look it up. Pavarotti, Placido Domingo annnnnnddddddd, yes, José Carreras. Just an interesting bit
of knowledge or a reminder if you already knew!

T-Rex struck again last night! Big number 5 for him in the last two weeks. I helped him out a little by plugging or collapsing some of the 6-8 holes to force the rats up the other holes. Then I placed T-Rex too close to resist. THWACK!!! The penalty is severe, but quick.

A pretty cool website that I found is also useful. It's called Accuweather and in addition to getting the weather all over the world, you get Accuweather photos. It's a pretty cool collection of Mother Nature in action.

In one of the catalogs I received this year (see current count below), there was this item:




Click on the picture if you can't make it out. It claims to be "Table Top Shuffleboard". First of all, no shuffleboard game is shaped like a U. Second, I HAD this game as a kid and it was called Ricochet or Rebound or something like that. Bee, do you remember what it was called?












The other day in the paper was this comic strip:





If you still don't know what to get me for Christmas, now you do.














Holiday catalog count: 16

7 comments:

Paradise5000 said...

I am a fan of the Seinfeld show he is a natural. I is funny that you took the time to look up the name of the third tenor. But I do watch this show almost everyday.

Anonymous said...

the game was indeed called Rebound, however it was plastic I believe...

alexis said...

that coffee mug is the size of some cars here...

Anonymous said...

T-Rex has more victories in 2 weeks than the Bears have in 10. Vikes as well :( Good Luck in Vegas!

stef said...

Holy crap. 16 catalogs? Really? At some point pics and descriptions of the merch therein might make a fun post. Are they actually targeted to you? Or just random?

Anonymous said...

I had Rebound too!

Go T-Rex!!!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Hey! A new poster. Welcome aboard Paradise. Feel free to introduce yourself.

Rebound it is! I thought that was it. Everything old is new again.

Stef, MWrigley got 8 catalogs just the other day!! That doesn't bode well for me. The Rebound game is actually from one of the catalogs. Some of them are targeted: Cabelas, Eddie Bauer and the like. Others (Solutions??) I have no idea why I get them.

T-Rex is en fuego, but I'm disappointed that there was no kill last night. Damn!!!