Saturday, November 03, 2007

Pleasant Ridge is on the map!!

The gods have shined upon me once again as my Dane Cook tickets were picked up at the local mail annex this morning!! Whew! MWrigley was VERY understanding and we made simpler plans for tonight as a backup. I think she feels the same way I do: if we go to see Cook, great. If not, we'll just hang out or go see a movie and have fun too. Awesome. But dinner and Dane Cook are on the agenda for tonight and pizza and football with her friends are on the agenda for Sunday. A great weekend!

After getting my tickets this morning, I decided to get my car washed. Shouldn't be much of a story right? Well it isn't, but there was something interesting. What is the price of gasoline, $3 a gallon roughly? Outside of the hand car washing facility is where the employees park their cars. Now, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking if you're washing cars by hand, you're not making a shit-load of money. The employees cars weren't cars at all, except for one. There was a suburban, two pickup trucks (big ones too), a big van and some huge SUV. Shouldn't they have more economical cars?

While waiting for my car to get washed, I have the opportunity to indulge in a favorite American past-time, reading trashy magazines. My choice for this 15 minute span? US Magazine. It's a horrible publication with really insightful recurring sections like "Stars are just like us!" with outstanding photographic entries like Woody Harrelson doing yoga in Amsterdam and some chick I've never heard of taking her shoes off as she goes through security at the airport. Really?? How is this photo worthy?? Do the idiots that are the U.S. population really believe that third rate television stars wouldn't have to take off their shoes as they go through security at the airport? Just unbelievable. No wonder Bush got re-elected.

Just saw on tv a commercial for economic development in Michigan. The hook? It focused on a high tech company located in Pleasant Ridge Michigan, a past home of yours truly!!!! If I'm not mistaken, and I hope my siblings or folks will correct me if I am, but we lived at 34 Maywood Ave. between Woodward and the railroad tracks just south of 10 Mile Road. It was just cool to see, though the whole area seems residential to me, so I'm not sure if I believe that they are really located there.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I don't believe that garbage. Stars are like the greek gods. they interact with us but are subject to different laws. :P

Anonymous said...

If you have googleEarth downloaded, type in some of our old abodes, man is that a trip!

stef said...

I'm looking forward to the exciting conclusion of the Dane Cook tickets saga.