Saturday, November 10, 2007

Good offense, weak defense.

That's my summary of the Black Hawk's from Friday night. I headed out to the United Center to see the Hawks and the St. Louis Blues. An ex-coworker who now works for Morningstar down under in Australia is in town and we used to go hockey games periodically when she lived in Chicago. Back in the day, I used to know all of the players and their numbers and I would do a little play-by-play during the game. While some people found it incredibly annoying, others enjoyed it (including my Aussie friend). So last night I tried my best with the very new Black Hawk team and didn't do a bad job actually. A drunk guy sitting in front of us (there were four of us altogether) turned around and said "You're just like Pat Foley!" and gave me a high-five. Sometimes I do the same thing at Bears' games, but the Bears' announcers don't have a similar and distinctive voice like Pat Foley and the game moves at a different pace. Still, it's fun and sometimes I think I've missed my calling.

Ahhh, but there are small companies out there to help save and lives to change. Not a bad alternative.

No comments: