Friday, November 02, 2007

FuckwithJoe.com

Yes, it turned out to be one of THOSE days. It all started innocuously enough, nice weather, slept in a little, cereal for breakfast, pretty typical.

Then Manual Labor Mike called and said he couldn't get some work done that he was supposed to do. We have two doors to the building that desperately need their door knobs replaced and the doors/frames manipulated to open/close more easily. Fine, it doesn't really impact me.

In the morning I was scrambling to get clients set up with bankers in order to make their transition to NEW banks go smoothly. In an ideal world, it would go smoothly without much intervention (new checks, new accounts, pay off old stuff, transfer info, etc). In reality, it can be a pain and you need to make sure the new bank is all on board and has their paperwork done prior to letting the old bank know that you're moving. It just is safer for everyone to do it that way.

So that's what SHOULD happen. Unfortunately my client called their OLD bank to let them know they are moving. The new bank has NO paperwork done yet nor have they completed their due diligence. Thanks clients!!

Still, no heart attacks yet. As I mentioned, I'm going to see Dane Cook on Saturday......or at least I thought I was. I bought the tickets on Craigslist from a woman in Michigan who had a block of 8 of them and sold them 6 and 2. Now the gory, gory details go on and on, but the end result is that I don't have the tickets yet, but the other person getting the 6 seats who also lives in Chicago received them yesterday!! Nice. We're still working on trying to get me replacement electronic tickets, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully there will be good news one way or the other tomorrow.

By the way, I was talking to Ricardo in the office about my day and was wondering if there's some website out there where people sign up just to mess with me. We Googled and entered "FuckwithJoe.com, MesswithJoe.com, FuckwithSutton.com, etc" but there were no hits. Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to get me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course there's a site like that! But obviously it's not going to have such a easy to figure out name. It's more something like, thefrancophilecookist.com.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Very good supremo.