Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lots of things to write about, but this topic isn't fun.

It's was not the best of days for LVCJ. After some family issues that I'd rather not write about but were upsetting (everyone's healthy, but some aren't very bright), the day ended with a wake for a buddy of mine with whom I used to shoot pool quite often. We would probably shoot every week for about a year or 18 months and then would grab a drink or two afterwards. Despite our difference in age, he was 66 when he passed, we could relate on many levels. In addition to our enjoyment of pool, we both like to teach others the game, work hard (he was an entrepreneur himself), drink and socialize.

At the wake, there was a nice video montage of photos from his life. It was a nice touch which I hadn't seen before at a wake. It was an open casket and, unfortunately, Rory Dolan looked only a bit like the robust man I knew.

He was a good man and I'll certainly miss him.

Rory Peter Dolan
(July 5, 1941 - November 24, 2007)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Rory.