Thursday, November 15, 2007

R.S.V.P. .........R.I.P.

It's the holiday season and many, many folks are going to be receiving invitations to office parties, friends parties, all sorts of events. The invitations will come through the mail or through email. And virtually all of them will have, down at the bottom, the seemingly ubiquitous R.S.V.P.
Well, I received an invite the other day, saw the R.S.V.P. and thought to myself, what the hell does it even stand for? "Reserve"......something...."Very".....important "Person"?? I had no freaking idea. So off to Wikipedia I went and found the definition: "Répondez s'il-vous-plaît" or translated as "please respond". And, obviously, its French. Not real happy about that. Can I start a grass roots movement to get people to use "Please Respond" instead of RSVP? It doesn't seem like the rest of the country has the disdain for the French that I have, so it doesn't seem like I have a shot. Plus it's the holiday season, so I should be spreading cheer.

Four counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice. Yep, Barry Bonds has been indicted and the only way I could have been happier is if it occurred prior to him breaking the home run record. He's still innocent until proven guilty (it's not France after all), but I'd love to see his image further tarnished as anyone who lies to a grand jury should go to jail. We'll see though. He's a long way away from going behind bars.

Lots of work for me today, so not much exciting going on this Thursday. Friday night starts a softball tournament in Carol Stream (yes, it's outside) when we play one game and then finish up on Saturday. Should be a nice tune up for our trip to Vegas.

Holiday catalog count: 9

3 comments:

alexis said...

isn't it butt-ass cold there already? Or are you people still have ridiculous warmth?

Anonymous said...

Its not politically correct if you write P.R.
Didnt B.J Clinton lie to a grand jury?
Good luck with your softball tourney this week-end! :-)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Not too bad Alexis...upper 40's, sometimes low 50's.

Throw Clinton into the big house too!