Saturday, November 04, 2006

Drink, workout or shop?

Or possibly something else? What do you do as a stress reliever after a long work week? Normally I either get ripped, do some kind of physical activity or avoid having long work weeks (which, as you know, I'm very good at). Today however, I opted for shopping....and not just any kind of shopping, Michigan Avenue shopping; normally the worst kind of shopping for guys. Let me tell you, if you're interested in seeing 10,000 people hell bent on getting to the next store, go to Michigan Avenue on a Saturday......specifically, Filene's Basement. Good Lord, that place is a nightmare. Anyway, it was oddly therapeutic to be on the Mag Mile without a time frame or strong desire to get here or there.

By the time most of you read this, the Bears will be 8-0.....I hope. Sunday is Bears day around the Sutton Household ( I like to say that even though it's just me), though when they are playing at home, I'm not around the Sutton Household much. Tailgating starts at 9:30 in the parking lot and goes until about 5 (two hours after the game ends roughly). It's a blast, filled with eating, drinking and catching up with friends. Sunday's menu is breakfast of egg mcmuffin-like sandwiches, maple sausage patties and bloody mary's. After a break, we'll heat up some appetizers: bacon wrapped dates, figs and shrimp. It's optional to have a hamburger at this point, just before the game. Oh, I'll pull out the guacamole and chips here too. Good eating!! After the Bears win, more drinking and either burgers, Italian sausage or steak sandwiches (which is what we're having tomorrow). An outstanding day of eating and drinking!!!

2 comments:

alexis said...

wow, I had no idea tailgating was so culinary! And good stuff too.

Usually I do those three things when I'm stressed, so I'm no help for novel stress relievers.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Well, at least there's some comfort in knowing that's what other people do too!