Sunday, November 26, 2006

Calling all technofiles!!


A blog, or at least my blog, is all about give and take.....much like a relationship. And I feel like I have a relationship with my readers, mostly because I do in some way. But additionally, I try to add something interesting to your day (maybe a interesting fact or a humorous story) and appreciate your comments which can illuminate my thoughts as well. Sometimes, I ask for your assistance and this is one of those times.

After much deliberation (and spending several nights at home for the first time in a while), I've decided to get a big-ass TV. Currently I'm thinking something along the lines of 50+ inches. Does anyone have a TV in that realm that they like and would recommend? How about just comments on TVs that you've seen? It doesn't have to be flat panel as the place I'm putting it has plenty of room and it wouldn't be along a wall.

As I write this, there's going to be a story on Fox news about HDTV's, so maybe that will help. I went to Best Buy's site and found some helpful information. It seems like the problems with "image burning" in the plasmas is no longer an issue, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts.

Also news related, there's a story on how to sell your house faster by using an "accredited stager". These people basically just rearrange your furniture and stuff to make it more appealing. Fine, whatever works, but who the hell is "accrediting" these people? Please don't tell me they have an actual organization or something. Good Lord.

Bears lost today, so I'm feeling a little down on this Sunday evening. On top of that, the weather is supposed to turn sour later this week, which is going to mean a very, very cold tailgate at the Bears game on Sunday. I'll be able to counter with a brand new heater that you throw on top of a propane tank though. Here's a pic:

I bought the double heater top. Picture courtesy of Cabelas.

The double can throw off 28,000 BTU's of heat! Sweet.

Do you have your Christmas tree up (or Festivus Pole http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus )? I was wondering when it's appropriate to put it up and if this week is too early. I've seen a bunch of cars with trees strapped to their roofs though, so it's probably all good. Just curious: real or fake? How much did you spend if you chose real?

2 comments:

alexis said...

Wow, Mr. Heater. Someone really wracked their brains for that one. I'm afraid I'm no help for big-ass TV purchases. I try to avoid buying anything the edges into the size range of small children, unless it is furniture.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

C'mon Alexis, this IS furniture!! How are you contributing to the dumbing down of our society if you're out there dissing big-ass TV's?