Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Where is everything?!

For those interested, my day didn't get any better after the bad start, but I was at least productive. Sad when that's the best thing you can say about your day.

Back to what I was going to post yesterday. As I mentioned, my cleaning lady came in on Monday (a sweet 60+year old Guatemalan woman) and did her usual thorough job. However, in her thoroughness, things get moved around and "put away". The toothpaste, in my mind, is "put away" when it's in the bathroom. I use the shit 2-3 times a day, so what's the point of tossing it in the medicine cabinet (which is a total disaster by the way)? That's the least of my troubles though since I know where she puts the toothpaste. The bigger problem is when bills get stacked with magazines and other documents. And my shoes. Who puts shoes in their closet? How the hell am I supposed to find them in there? That's the last place I'd look.

The day after my cleaning lady comes in is spent, in part, straightening all of the pictures in the house. For some reason, maybe it's to let me know she dusted them, every single picture frame is askew. Is this a common thing for cleaning women? Are picture frames on the walls in their own homes askew? Is it a cultural thing? I don't know....all I know is it was tough enough for me to get them straight in the first place.

Another beautiful fall day in Chicago......crappy day to be inside working. Yech.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does she clean under your bed? cause I know we were always afraid to even attempt that...

Anonymous said...

Crooked pictures. hmmm, I believe that she is trying to tell you that she thinks you have a list to the port side

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Since I have wood floors and allergies, there is absolutely nothing under my bed (except for the occasional dust bunny when it's too long between cleaning visits). I decided some time ago that it would be good feng-shui to not have anything under there....I think it's working!

Look at G with the boat reference. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, its in my blood. We just launched a 150' yesterday. I will send pictures. p.s. Tracy says you need to find something to do.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Tracy never appreciated me! I'm really busy actually, but this is a nice stress reliever for me.

Those pictures were pretty sweet. That's one big freakin' boat!!