Tuesday, November 07, 2006

So it's going to be THAT kind of day huh?

Pretty decent day in Chicago from a weather standpoint, though overcast and a little misty at least it's warmer (62). That's what I woke up to, along with election day, a bunch of work, physical therapy and a newly cleaned condo.

Since everything seemed positive, I decided to cook a nice breakfast instead of the usual cereal, mostly out of leftovers from the tailgating event on Sunday. Maple sausage, egg mcmuffin sandwich and a big cup of coffee. Finished cooking it all (but not before being interrupted by the Fedex man with MORE work for me to do) and went to read the paper and receive guidance on for whom I should vote. Took a bite into my sandwich and hot yolk shot not only onto my hand, but up my arm a good 4-6 inches! It somehow managed to get under the cuff in my shirt. What the hell?! Guess I didn't cook the egg as long as I thought. The rest of the meal, thankfully, concluded without incident.

Then I came downstairs to hop on email and squelch any fires before voting and to write this blog (which had an entirely different topic only an hour ago). Only to find that a really nice weekend I had planned with a young lady (from out of state) was being cancelled. Ugh! Me thinks I'm going back to bed. I can't risk going to physical therapy. My freakin' leg might fall off or they might diagnose me with Lupus or something. (Seinfeld reference for those who missed it)

Get out and vote!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about this weekend. Maybe some poker is in order?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Too emotionally spent right now, but thanks for the offer! You da'man! Maybe just some heavy drinking?

Anonymous said...

another promising day ruined by eggs. :)

Anonymous said...

You know I don't drink. But I could make an exception.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the disappointment this upcoming weekend. I know you were looking forward to it.

I should be free if you want to get together.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Thanks for the support dejesus. The winds of change may have blown in my favor again.....we'll see.