Sunday, November 12, 2006

Did I say SOUTH?

Back to work everyone.....hey, don't shoot the messenger.

Supposedly I went south over the weekend (to Texas), but the temperature sure didn't feel like it! Brrrrrr. At night the temps were in the 40's, which was great for sleeping and sitting by a make-shift fire, but it made me glad that I packed a sweater and some warmer clothes. During the day it was in the 60's, but sunny and that made a difference. A very nice weekend though and I thank my hostess here on my blog. Thank you!!

What is going on with the Bears? They played like crap for almost the entire first half, looking lethargic and giving the ball away like Halloween candy. Then, as if Virginia McCaskey herself threw a switch, they drive the ball down the field and score a touchdown to pull within 13-10 by halftime. So even though they were completely dominated in the first half, they were only down by three. In the second half, the Bears outscored the New York Football Giants, 28-7 to win 38-20, including the longest play for a touchdown in NFL history (a 108.4 yard return of a missed field goal). Unbelievable. Many pundits had this game penciled in as a lost for the Bears and if I were a pundit, I would have penciled it in too. Now we're 8-1 though and we go right back to NY next week to play the Jets. Should be another good game. The Jets beat a very good Patriots team 17-14 in the slop in New England.

Food of choice for this game: thin crust pepperoni pizza from Chicago's Pizza. Good stuff.

So how was YOUR weekend?

4 comments:

alexis said...

wine tasting and book club. Not at the same time. These make me sound a lot more cultured than I actually am, however.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I had two bottles of wine over the weekend....so sort of a wine tasting....if you're a wino I guess.

Oh, and the wine tasting and book club IN AMSTERDAM makes you sound cultured!

Anonymous said...

STEELERS WIN and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, need I say more??? WOOOOOT!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, those 3-6 Steelers are enfuego. Yech.