Saturday, March 01, 2008

Such a different evening

As I mentioned on Thursday, I had a birthday party to go to for a softball teammate last night (Gangster Larry). It was held in Westmont which is down 55 to Cass and then north a bit. During rush hour it took me 90 minutes to get there.....ugh. The event location was a local pizza place/bar with a party room in back. Wings and nachos were the appetizers before the pizza was brought in. Here are some pictures from the event:





Here's the table with pictures and memorabilia from years 1-30 for Gangster.














Tino is in the foreground (congrats to him and his wife Laurie on being pregnant again!) and Gangster is talking to his dad in the middle of the picture.










The Dime brothers flank Sausage while they down Blue Moon. Yep, there was actually a decent beer available!! One half of E-Squared is in the lower right corner of the picture.











The "chick" table. Jenny and Kim, with their backs to me, are regulars at the games.








Afterwards, around 10:30 or so, Benny Baseball, Gangster and E-Squared decided to head to North Beach Bar at 355 andButterfield. Normally, I would have gone home at this point since it takes so long to get home, but NORMALLY I have a significant other in my life. So this night I opted to go out. Unfortunately for me, the bar was mostly filled with 20 somethings, but it was still fun to be out and people watch. Heck, just watching Benny Baseball work his magic on the dance floor like a python pretending to be a hypnotized cobra emerging from a basket was worth the trip itself. But my relatively early night turned into a 2 a.m. bed time and a slower start this morning. Such is the price one pays.

Yesterday afternoon I had another great work out. More stairs with 25 lbs over my head, bench presses, squats, pull-ups and rows. Very solid workout. Took another recovery bar after the workout and my body seems to be doing fine today. I love those things!!

No comments: