Friday, March 14, 2008

Indian Summer

For Dinner last night, el supremo, Ricardo and I went to Hema's Kitchen up on Devon and Oakley. Great restaurant by the way and it's BYOB. Have you noticed a theme the last two nights? When el supremo is in town, you're going to drink, so you might as well go BYOB and save some money!! I think I'm on to something. Although last night, el supremo picked up the tab as well. Thanks el supremo!! Normally, Ricardo or I pay for dinners and such as el supremo flies in from Albuquerque and pays his own way. It's only fair. Here are some pictures from last night:

Our three dishes that we shared, with the bottle of crazy bubbly Duvel. Apparently it should be served at 40-50 degrees and it was a bit warmer than that I fear. As such, it was like pouring a soda that you've shaken for a few minutes. Very little beverage and a whole lot of head (which this is the rare instance that saying "a whole lot of head" is a bad thing). Tikka Masala (chicken) is next to the Duvel. Lamb and okra is at 12 o'clock. at 9 o'clock in the picture is a spicy veggie dish...I think with lentils.






Look at that Duvel!! That was after 10 seconds or so too. Yes, I tilted the glass and poured it vvvveerrrryyyyy slowwwwllllyyyy. It didn't matter. The stuff was just off.






Here's Navus (sp?). What a nice waiter. Fun guy to have at the table. He was a good sport while I made fun of the desserts. Have you ever had a good Indian dessert? I have not. The one el supremo had (fried dough in some kind of honey or sweet glaze) was barely edible and the frozen(?) mango dish Ricardo had was just foul. Ugh. The streak continues.




Today, after dropping off el supremo, I hit the gym again. It was another solid workout with three reps of: pullups, bench press, squats and running/briskly moving up the stairs with 2-25 pound hand weights. There were some other exercises thrown in there too, but that was the core. I was beat.

However, I mustered up the strength to go meet Naperville Greg for our annual fish fry trip to Irish Oak. It's amazing how many of the world's problems can be solved by two guys with a few beers and some fried fish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all for BYOB. You get to choose what you want which with time you can do well and you save money...and you don't end up with a rant when you read the crazy marked up prices for plain ole ordinary wine!

alexis said...

jesus christ joe, I'm tired and hung over just reading your entry!