Thursday, March 06, 2008

Whose blog is this anyway?


Another day, another black cloud for poor Ricardo. Normally he parks in off-street parking. Unfortunately, all of those spots were taken, so he had to park on the main street in front our building. Also unfortunately, he hasn't yet replaced his City of Chicago sticker, though he has it sitting on his kitchen counter. The police, who never go by the off-street parking, decided today would be a good day to check stickers on the main street in front of the building. So after going for a cup of coffee (I drove), he found a ticket on his car from the sticker which expired just 5 days ago. Ugh.

But then it all got worse. While checking my eHarmony account, I asked him to come over and give me his thoughts on one of my "matches", as I often do. He's a decent judge usually. So he spun around in his chair and spilled the coffee all over his desk....see the picture. All over his papers, business cards, everything. Unbelievable. Needless to say, I closed out the woman on the eHarmony site because clearly she had bad karma. JK.

I'm watching my third movie this week, Disturbia. The other two were The King of California and Transformers. Clearly the new episodes of the shows I like aren't running yet!

Friday is: church, work, the gym and then a drinking social event (more of a meat market thing disguised as a fund raiser). If I'm lucky, there will be a guest appearance by Manual Labor Mike too. He's going to look at the bathroom to see if there are unforeseen problems. Should be a good day. Plus I pick up an all natural protein mix recommended by my trainer, Sadist Joel. It should help me with my recovery from workouts, which can suffer a bit while I'm trying to lose weight as well as build strength. We'll see. I've never used one before.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe the picture when I saw it. It's time for a major intervention with the man of doom.

Anonymous said...

From this day out I promise nothing but good to the world! Either that or I give up and move to beaches of South America...or maybe Amsterdam and just solve all the world's problems in a "coffee" bar!

Anonymous said...

Tell Ricardo that I've spilled coffee all over my desk like that twice in the last 6 months. I'm on my second keyboard now. It will get better, I promise.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, Myoplex is the best tasting protein drink out there...you can get them pre-packaged (ready to drink) as well.!

Most protein powders taste like crap, but this one is not too bad.

Girls=Trouble (j/k Lisa, I love you) ;)

No really Joe, Girls=Trouble

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, I know Tim. If I didn't love women so much, it wouldn't be a problem. I just love even being near them. They're so.......girly. Love'em!!

And yes, they supposedly do taste like crap, but my trainer says this one actually tastes good because of the way it's made and what it's made with. We'll see!!

Anonymous said...

Girls do taste like crap, but that doesn't make them bad people.

--dJF

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You're not well djf.