Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm more prepared for that warm weather trip now!!

So I went to Target the other day to get a new gym bag. My old one, a free bag from trying Forbes Magazine without subscribing, has finally toted its last. After making due for some time with that bag, I wanted one that was durable as well as spacious, but not too big. Eddie Bauer had the answer! Good old Eddie Bauer: classic style and durable at a reasonable price! I'm a billboard for them.

But then it got even better. I've been looking for new luggage for some time....possibly before I went to Turks last year. After trying to buy some luggage from Overstock.com didn't work out (ironically they were sold out of what I wanted), I haven't tried to even LOOK for any other luggage. So, I had picked out my new gym bag and was on my way out when I saw some Eddie Bauer luggage for $180. The largest bag is exactly the size I wanted and the next biggest piece was perfect too. Plus it's olive colored and not black! That'll make it easier to pick out on the luggage carousel.

Here's what I got for my money:





Can you believe it? It was like opening those Russian nested dolls. They are all expandable and the wheels look solid.




This is what they look like inside. Tough to get any depth perception, but one thing I wanted to note is that each of the three big pieces has its own plastic zippered bag inside secured by two buttons. I thought that was a cool feature and will be nice for toiletries and such.





Not bad for buying it on a whim!!

Had another great workout today. This I time I did three sets of five exercises: pull-ups, bench, squats, rowing and stairs. In all, I did 18 exercises in almost exactly an hour. That's a decent pace.

As it was Good Friday today, I went old school and fasted from noon until 3:00, the time my religion believes Jesus was on the cross. Going and working out from 1:30-2:30 made it easier.

Mass tonight at 7:30!

Had an interesting eHarmony date last night with a woman who is also on Match.com. We'll see how it evolves. Big points for her though as, now pay attention ladies, she emailed me and thanked me for the drinks we had and coming to her section of town. See?? Is that so hard?? Just be polite. It goes a long way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap there wasn't any room in the guest bedroom before!