Monday, March 10, 2008

The Chinese Irish

Sunday I ordered Chinese food for dinner, which is not unusual for me at all. They always give you a fortune cookie with it and here's what my fortune read: "Next week, green is a lucky color for you." So of course, I'm thinking they made these up just for St. Patrick's week. But how do they know how many to order? If they have extra, do they use them up AFTER St. Patrick's Day or do they hold on to them until the following year? Did I just eat a year old fortune cookie?

Here's an update on the bathroom.....pictorially.








Took out a bunch of the old insulation that was behind the shower pipes. Manual Labor Mike is going to have to have access to the pipes, so the insulation had to come out.













Here's where the old ceiling USED to be. I took out the rest of it on Sunday. Notice the old ceiling up above the electrical outlet. That's my next task for removal.










And here's why I want to take it out. Notice the RC Cola can? I wonder what else is up there!












Here's a close up of the old ceiling. It just looks awful and moldy and such. Better to just get rid of it and start anew with just the studs.







Speaking of studs, lesson number two on the guitar is tonight! Tomorrow is going to be busy too. I start with a meeting at church, followed by a trip to the DMV to renew my license, a trip to the mechanic to figure out why the car is running so rough after my oil change and then a trip to Sadist Joel. Should be an exhausting day!!

3 comments:

stef said...

How are your fingers taking the guitar brutality? Any blood yet?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nothing bloody yet, but damn does my middle finger hurt after practicing E all night.

Anonymous said...

haha...classic! Welcome to the finger gym...say goodbye to your pinky for awhile!