Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Forgot to post!!

Unbelievable, but true. I literally forgot to post anything yesterday.

After guitar class on Monday night, I stopped to have a drink with a date from Match.com. After having a second beer, it was close to 11:30 by the time I got home. That led me to sleep in as well as question whether I should go to my personal training session with Sadist Joel (moved up to 2:00, due to dinner with lawyers). I dragged myself to the gym though and actually had a good workout. In our new exercise, I have a weight bar across my shoulders and I jump, land and go into a squat position and jump again. Then he put 20 pounds on the 45 pound bar. Then he put 40 pounds. In combination with everything else I was doing, it was pretty exhausting.

Later on Tuesday, I headed out with Ricardo for dinner with some attorneys and Avenue M. It's a great new restaurant, but it does have a very limited wine list. Otherwise it's a great environment and the food is delicious.

No pictures! Sorry about that. The Avenue M website tells it all though.

For the record, it's clear to me that Top Chef is sexist!! No way Eric should have gone home after his corn dogs. They were held for two hours before being delivered and that's the only reason that they weren't one of the best dishes. Zoe made a miserable pasta dish which, quite frankly, I probably could have made. So do you penalize the guy who made a great dish but had transportation issues (a common and unrealistic theme with this show by the way) or do you penalize the person who couldn't make a simple dish? But could the judges send home three women on consecutive weeks? No, bad for ratings. Grow some balls judges. Jeesh. I was left wanting for the third episode in a row.....the only three I've seen. C'mon producers. I like the concept, but the execution is not up to snuff.

Go Stephanie Izard with her second win!!!

5 comments:

alexis said...

I am following Top Chef through you guys. Totally routing for Stephanie Izard!

stef said...

I have to disagree. i was rooting for Eric to go. Yes Zoe effed up Pasta Salad, but one could argue that ANY chef worth his salt should know that there was no way fried food was going to last for a 2 HOUR wait. Bad decision making from the get go. Not to mention the guy had a terrible track record in general (Mashed potato souffle?) I think he was out of his league.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Stef. You have to know what's going to happen with a fried food that is held for such a time period. Not to worry though, Zoe will get hers.

Alexis are you routing for Stephanie as in cutting out holes or rooting for her?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I'm not actually all that familiar with Top Chef. Do they base who goes on past performance as well or just that dish? If it's just that dish, I stand by my statement that I'd rather have someone make something good that goes bad due to unreasonable constraints (let's see Bayless make something that tastes great two hours later..puhlease) than to have someone screw up a PB&J sandwich essentially.

That said, Eric probably should have known that about fried foods, though I clearly didn't. Heh, the things that I don't know about cooking would fill volumes though.

stef said...

No they are not supposed to rate based on past performance. (Although I think it would be hard for a judge to stay completely objective for each challenge.) That was just my take on him. Gail (judge) had a really good take on the competition I think: http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/season/4/blogs/index.php?blog=gail_simmons&article=2008/03/tasty_tacos_and_a_friendly