Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Personal Trainer. Good. Whey Protein Drink Morning of Workout. Good. 15 Minute Steam Before Workout. Bad.

Today was my usual Tuesday workout session with Sadist Joel, but unfortunately I didn't have the energy during the hour session that I hoped. In trying to figure out why, we determined it probably had to do with the steam I took before the workout. The only reason I took the steam was to warm up. I think now I'm going to restrict my warm up sessions to the treadmill or elliptical.

Even though I was tired, I did have a decent workout. Nothing spectacular though.

To get my spirits up, I decided to have my first grilling of the year! A nice strip steak marinaded in some A-1 Tabasco Sauce was an excellent choice. Some aged white cheddar and Parmesan cheese on crackers were my appetizer. Nothing elaborate, but enjoyable.

The eHarmony dating cycle is starting to kick in. Nothing this week, but I'm moving along in the process. It's interesting with eHarmony where you go through a guided process (after finding potential matches) and it takes several weeks usually to go through the questions, exchange emails and then set up dates. It's definitely a thorough process.....but you always have some that sneak through. I'll definitely let you know about those!!

In case you missed SNL this week, here's the highlight for me.

And one more link to the Sam Smith story in The Chicago Tribune on Monday. He rates the top college basketball prospects. Take a look at what he says about #22 Hasheem Thabeet. Thanks Pops for the link.

3 comments:

stef said...

Wait- you grilled OUTSIDE?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Absolutely stef! It had to be in the upper 40's.

alexis said...

boo! apparently I can't see that link to SNL.