Sunday, March 02, 2008

Another Sunday, more demolition.

An absolutely great day in Chicago today with temps somewhere near 50 and melting snow everywhere. Yay!! Unfortunately, I read that 21% of Chicago's snow falls after March 1st. Ugh. Temps are supposed to fall during the week and probably more snow by Wednesday. WTF!!!

So I did some more demolition today in order to be able to toss it out with the Monday garbage. As you recall, I want the demolition to be done in a way that I can still use the bathroom for as long as possible and also not overload our garbage bins. I opted for taking down the ceiling above the shower instead of the wall behind the vanity since I didn't have time to deal with the electrical. Here are some pictures:





Look how high above the old ceiling the floor above is! There's another three feet or so! I have to contemplate how high I want the ceiling to go. I might make it higher outside the shower and keep it at the same height in the shower. That will also create the illusion of more space.









Here's a picture from the shower looking back above the ceiling in the rest of the bathroom. That inspired the following two pictures.









This is above the ceiling looking back into the bathroom towards where the new window will be. The black larger pipe is an air vent. No big deal to move that. That other pipe, I think, is electrical. Look at the condition of the faux ceiling!! That has to come down.








Ugh, that's horrible. I definitely need to take that ceiling down too.




I tuned my guitar yesterday! I'm ready to go on Monday night!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about since Wife and I are dumping our contractor for the remodel, you just come down and do it.

Anonymous said...

Stucco might work for that ceiling...

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

El Supremo! Really? You're dumping your contractor?? That's not a good development. Get it? Development? Ha! Seriously though, that sucks. Maybe you can delay paying for the work though while the Mrs. researches alternatives for the next 6 months. That's a plus!

Interesting thought anonymous.

alexis said...

I love that only the ugliest picture managed to load.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Anyone else have trouble seeing the pictures?

Anonymous said...

EADGBE: Every Acid Dealer Gets Busted Eventually

So what kind of guitar do you have?

Have fun tonight. Don't worry too much about the pain -- it'll go away in a week or two when you develop the callouses you need.

-dJF