Saturday, March 29, 2008

Troop Surge!

What do you think of the new blog template? Alexis gave me the idea with her green template, so I thought I could try to usher in Spring by offering some green in my template. We'll see. My readership drops in half over the weekend (shame on all you work-bloggers!) , so I thought it would be as good a time as any to shake things up.

Today, against my better judgment, I headed up to Crystal Lake for a two game round-robin which provided seeding for a single elimination softball tournament tomorrow. We won both games which earned us two extra hours of sleep!! Yay for us! No one will want to drive 90 minutes to play and then turn around and come home another 90 minutes if we lose. That would suck. Hopefully we'll put a string of wins together.

Part of why I wanted to play was to see how my six weeks of training translated into the field. It was so cold though and I was so bundled up that it was tough to tell. My first two at bats though I did hit the ball pretty hard, but both times the balls were caught. I rebounded though to go 4-7 I think.


As it appears the rats next door have gotten out of control, I decided it was time for a troop surge in Basra!! That's right, I've added three more T-Rex's to the one already set for deployment. Because of the constant snow and ice, I haven't been able to deploy even the one T-Rex I have.

These aren't technically T-Rex's; they are Tom-Kats. They look EXACTLY the same though, so I'm expecting similar results. My deployment strategy was to use peanut butter and put one on the west side of the stair well (let's call it the Euphrates) and the other three along the banks of the Euphrates on the east side.

I'm very hopeful for success of my troop surge in the war on rats!!!

2 comments:

Desiree said...

I don't know, Joe -- the layout of this template seems pretty scrunched up and I think the green looks like the color of algae! But you have given me the inspiration to think about changing my template, too.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I thought it was a bit cramped too Des. I like the color though. I might experiment this week a bit.