Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hypocrisy, the bane of my existence.

Everyone else is writing about Spitzer, so I will too. While Attorney General for New York, he led the charge against many, well established organizations and companies and brought about tremendous reform. The entire time he spouted off about bringing people to justice and doing what's right. He even levied charges against Morningstar at one point and it made front page news. When it was revealed that the charges were unfounded, you could find THAT information buried page 32. He constantly employed that tactic: throw a bunch of shit on the wall and hopefully something will stick. So I couldn't be happier that this ego maniacal hypocrite got busted. Personally, I don't even think prostitution should be illegal, but in this country it is so I love that it brought Spitzer down.

Next to being falsely accused of something, hypocrisy is second on the list of things that really irk me.

Another tough workout with Sadist Joel yesterday. We switched things up and worked on dead-lifts in addition to some new exercises. They are tough to describe, but most of them revolved around strengthening my grip and my forearms. It's sort of a new tactic that we're going to work in to the routine. I'm not looking to be Popeye or anything, but some improvement would be good. I'm definitely feeling much stronger as a result of these workouts and my intensity is much better during the workout. This week I finished all of the exercises he had planned with 5 minutes left to spare. As a "reward", we went to the gymnasium and I ran sprints. Fun for me.

The worst part of the workouts is trying to consume this whey protein (you were right Tim, none of it's good) so I can recover easier. It doesn't taste horrible. It just doesn't taste good. Next, I'm going to mix it with milk and frozen strawberries and see what happens. Here's hoping!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though you don't look like Popeye at least you let me stop at Popeye's

Ken said...

I'd love to know how they get their wifes to stand up there?Dont forget about our boy McGreevy!!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ricardo and I had that discussion yesterday Ken. Unbelievable. There's no way in hell I'd be up there. I figured he offered her a huge amount of money in the inevitable divorce proceedings if she went up there with him. That's all we could figure.

Anonymous said...

Give myoplex a chance...the taste is better and the results are almost identical to the powder mix crap.
With powder mix, you almost have to add a zillion things to make it taste better...I rather drink a myoplex, eat some chicken and call it a day.