Thursday, February 28, 2008

An unusual day

Few of my days seem to be "typical", but today was particularly unusual. I've been pondering a fairly significant financial investment (think 6 figures) into an existing company that is being bought out and which a good friend of mine is going to help run. The catch is, it isn't just me investing, but also four other friends of mine to whom I introduced the venture.

While I performed due diligence on my own prior to passing along the info, now these friends of mine are (justifiably) asking their own questions. This morning that resulted in a two hour phone call and then I had a 90 minute meeting over dinner. That's a lot of meeting time for me in one day, especially with so much at stake and the high concentration level required.

In the end I think it's all good, but it was an exhausting day without a doubt.

As I mentioned a few days ago, I jumped back onto eHarmony. What I also decided to do was join Match.com as well and see how that service fairs. I wasn't a big fan of it 18 months ago, but I'm willing to give it another shot. As Joisey Ken said, throw a bunch of lines in the water and see what you catch. I just hope it's not cold, wet, limbless and scaly. That wouldn't be good.

Friday brings mass in the morning, no meat, another full body workout (similar to my training session on Tuesday) and then a 30th birthday party on the south side....no, not for me, but how nice of you to think that!!

6 comments:

alexis said...

hey, what have you got to lose except a few evenings of solitude, right??

What will you give up for lent this year?

Anonymous said...

He gave up Starbucks for 3 hours didn't you read it below?

stef said...

Keeping busy is the best thing for a breakup.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I gave up something for Lent about 20 days ago (we're half way through Lent now), but I try not to talk about it.

Actually there are three pillars of the Lenten season: prayer, charity and sacrifice. Most people focus on the later, but I tend to focus on the former. Seems more positive to me!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh, and that was funny el supremo. Ha!

Anonymous said...

If you stay busy long enough, you actually get used to being busy with your hobbies. As for lent, the best thing to do is keep the faith. I come from the school of thought that everything that occurs to us or for us, is here to teach us, and it's up to us to figure that out.

- The Slim Michelle