Wednesday, February 13, 2008

There's Charlie Trotters and then there's Sapori Trattoria

Good news for me and my business and pleasure travels! As a Starbucks frequenter and AT&T user at home, it could help with my enjoyment of life on the internet.

Monday night, MWrigley and I went out for Valentines Day. Yep, Monday. A restaurant that I went to last summer, Sapori Trattoria, sent me an email advertising a Valentines Day dinner special on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. MWrigley was busy the other two days, so I booked Monday. Our table had rose petals on it and there was a piano player and a singer for ambiance. The pre-set menu was pretty amazing. I can't even begin to describe it, so I brought it home and scanned it for you. Each course had it's own bottomless glass of wine!





Hopefully you can read the menu if you click on it. The antipasti was pretty tasty with three kinds of meat and two kinds of cheese. MWrigley really liked the octopus. I liked the prosciutto. Good stuff. The pastry puff was really very tasty too. The wine served with this was by far my favorite....as reflected in my consumption of at least three glasses!!









The tortelloni was really delicious and the truffle sauce was fantastic. The risotto was tasty though I have to admit, when they first brought it out I thought it smelled like ass. Seriously, I'm not even joking...ass. It must have been the taleggio cheese we decided. Unfortunately it was delicious too, so after we each had a portion of both, I had the waiter wrap up the extras to take home. We still had two more courses AND desert to eat!!!

The ossobuco was amazingly tender and just flaked off the bone with a fork. The quail was good, but seemed a little dry to me, which might be normal for quail. After everything else being so wonderful though, I wasn't going to force it down.

Dessert was the wide, fried, puffy pastry sticks in some powdered sugar for lack of a better description with chunks of dark chocolate and raspberries. Yowza, very tasty stuff.


Since everyone in the front of the restaurant had the same meal, there was one seating at 7:00 and everyone was served the same dish at the same time. We didn't finish until 10:30! That's longer than my meal at Charlie Trotter's!!! One person near me said it reminded her of being in Europe, which made me cringe a little as it reminded me of an annoying long meal I had in Paris.

The cost for this extravaganza? Only $75 per person. Pretty sweet deal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounded awesome! Big points to the Lakeview man!!!!!

stef said...

Thar sounds like a great deal and a wonderful meal. So does that mean you won't be seeing each other today though?

Anonymous said...

Oh stop with the Euro-phobia. MW likes octopus? There's a great lady.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

We are indeed getting together tonight stef. In fact, she's cooking! We figured going out on the actual night is a pain (restaurants are full and cabs are scarce), so we went out on Monday and stay in tonight. Should be nice.

el supremo, I'm not afraid of the europeans, I just dislike them! Seriously though, I'm just not into long-ass meals like that unless it's a group thing.

Oh, and to be clear, the wine was NOT extra. It was included!!

alexis said...

wow, 75 bucks! Let's see, that's 51 EUR. MWA-HAHAHAHAH

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Touche Alexis.