Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Heart Attack Snow

That's what fell in our area this afternoon: heavy, wet snow. Just shoveling a little bit from around my parking space was quite the chore. It's a complete mess outside with slush everywhere. It's much, much worse north and west of the city though. I heard they have white out conditions and 10 inches of snow!! To my Amsterdam readers, at least we get to see the sun periodically!!

Went into Starbucks today as I do every day and saw the new Jack Johnson CD on the counter. He sings a song that I like (though it's not on the new album) and so I picked it up to look and see if the song I like is on there. Nope. Down at the bottom was note though. It said: "This CD was recorded using 100% solar energy." You gotta be shittin' me. Really?? EVERYTHING was solar powered about it? From his website I found out that it was printed on 100% recycled paper as well. Good for him. That solar energy studio has to be pretty sweet though. You almost always see solar powered facilities actually using electricity from other sources and it's just supplemented by solar energy.

Monday I came home and had several messages on my answering machine. One of them was the following: "Hi, I'm Jack Darin, Director of the Illinois Chapter of The Sierra Club and I'd like you to consider voting for Dean Maragos for the Water Reclamation Board." Yadda, yadda, yadda. The thing is, Jack Darin and I went to school together!! In fact, he lived in the house behind a buddy of mine and we used to hang out periodically. What are the odds of that??

There's Amy Freeze again with a weather update. Every time I'm writing my entry, she seems to pop up on tv!

One last thing, I forgot to mention that last weekend MWrigley was over and we decided to order a pizza from Gino's East. It's my favorite deep dish pizza in Chicago, not that I've had all the varieties offered. So we order a pepperoni and giardiniera pizza. Spicy huh? Well the guy delivers it an hour later and it's a pepporoni and green pepper!! Only we don't realize it until we bit into the first piece. We're starving so we each eat a piece, but I'm also pissed that they got the order wrong (it was $25 with delivery and tip), so I call them up and they send over a new pizza with the right toppings. Now we had lunches for almost a week!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm fully expecting Amy Freeze to comment again and come to one of our wine tasting networking events.

alexis said...

amsterdam readers - how many of us are there? I have competitions out here? C'mon I thought I was special here.

(oh yeah, and that sun? Shining right now! In my eyes, unfortunately)

stef said...

Now that is correct pizza service. Unlike my local pizza place.

Anonymous said...

Which Jack Johnson song do you like? I've downloaded "Flake," "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing," "Upside Down," and his cover of "A Pirate Looks at Forty" -- they each are on different albums.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

The song is Upside Down dejesus. I bet you could play it on the guitar!

Nobody else Alexis, I just like to make it sound like I have a bunch of international readers. Ha!

Amy Freeze will most likely never comment again nor come to our wine tasting el supremo. That's just me being a realist. You never know though!!! There is some kind of karma with her coming on tv while I'm writing my blog.

Anonymous said...

ya'll are funny!!
i will post again.
Bitter cold this weekend.
wine testing? i've never tasted it before so that would be a first for me... i'm more of a shirely temple girl... but i always enjoy good company. see you on tv.
amy freeze
fox news chicago

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Well look at that! I was wrong. How could you not have tasted wine though Amy? That seems nearly impossible!