Monday, February 04, 2008

Rainbow Afro Wig Guy John 3:16...oh where art thou?

Not too much to talk about today. My day was relatively short after sleeping in to see if I could kick this cough (didn't work) and going to the gym to see if I could work out the cough out. Though I had a decent work out, the cough lingers, though to a lesser degree. I was also tired still from Saturday night when I had an 11:00 p.m. softball game in the burbs about 45 minutes away. I didn't get to bed until after 1:30 and then had the big Super Bowl day to tire me out further.

There were some good commercials during the Super Bowl. Did you have a favorite? Here's one top 5 list that I sort of agree with, except in reverse order. The Doritos mouse trap commercial would be my number 5 probably instead of the Audi-Godfather commercial. Will Ferrell's was probably number one in my book. That was funny stuff. Chris Kattan's Pepsi Max commercial was good too, but I'm partial to SNL folks and his Night at the Roxbury movie.

Here's an interesting follow up story about that guy with the rainbow afro wig who always held the John 3:16 signs at sporting events. Wow.

2 comments:

stef said...

i wasn't paying attention most of the time but i have to say that Doritos ad was hilarious. Trying to explain it to someone though, does not do it justice.

Anonymous said...

What about the Career Builder add where the Jiminy Cricket type character get's eaten by the spider? You don't see that in commercial land very often.