Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What's in a picture?


You may wonder why I have a picture of this crazy goth chick on my blog. I certainly would. Actually, it was completely happenstance that I even came across the photo. I frequent a site call Fark.com which is sort of a 'news of the weird' site. Periodically they have a picture like this, or some other obscure object, and ask people to photo shop it into some bizarre or interesting scene. Make no mistake though, this is the original photo.

So why did it catch my eye? See that yellow building in the background? If I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am, this picture was taken in Nice France, not far from their outdoor market. Probably the best picture I've ever taken is of that yellow building, half covered in shadows and with a deep blue sky in the background. It's on display in my living room and I look at it everyday. What a coincidence. Actually I have an electronic copy.


Hmmm, what do you think? Is it the same building? I'm still thinking it is.


I remember that it was nice in Nice and pretty warm. Nothing like today in Chicago. Brutal weather today and even worse tomorrow. Ugh.

Tomorrow: The FTD update.

6 comments:

alexis said...

we are just entering a period of no sunshine it seems now here. but at least not freezing cold!

stef said...

I really can't see how you can make a definitive determination from those two pictures

Anonymous said...

Yes I believe it is the same yellow building. You can tell by the density of the shadow projected onto the yellow building that it came from stone quarried in the south of France which obviously the building next to it was made from.
Dry dock-and yes I am having trouble signing on

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You're probably right Stef. It's too tough to tell. Damn.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Joisey Ken seems to have some definitive evidence that this is NOT the same building. The building in my picture has four stories and the one with the goth chick only seems to have three. Damn.

Anonymous said...

That picture is from Helsinki, Finland (http://www.hel-looks.com/index.php?p=image/archives/83/20060615_06/)