Saturday, February 16, 2008

Exhausting day.

On Fridays during Lent, I get up early and go to 8:30 mass at my church. There are many fewer people there than on Sunday (which I still go to as well) and due to construction during the week in the main church, we use a much more intimate setting in the basement of the church. I was literally 10 feet from the priest almost the entire mass. So that was kind of cool, but the getting up early was definitely NOT cool. After a late night on Valentines Day over at MWrigley's, it was tought to get up at 7 a.m. for church and as a result I was exhausted the rest of the morning.

At 4:00, I had my first personal training session with the guy who worked with Ricardo last year, Joel. He's a good guy and was even singing in my church's choir for a while. No, he's not gay. In fact he told me he had a date with a woman last night who has a great body and is a teacher (and is into slam poetry, which I think is the work of the devil).

Anyway, as expected, the workout pretty much killed me, though not in the ways Joel expected. Normally his students don't use their big leg muscles enough and when he works them out, the people crumble or experience a lot of pain the next day. But in playing softball, I know that my legs are key to my game (especially at my age) and have always worked them out pretty hard anyway. So today, my triceps are killing me, but everything else is ok. I'll probably hit the gym tomorrow if I can and then my next session is on Tuesday.

Still no contact with FTD. I've been on hold for another 20 minutes today. Ugh. These people suck.

1 comment:

stef said...

So what happened with FTD? I need resolution!