Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lovely Lunar Eclipse



This was the site right here in good ol' Chicago. The cloudless sky contributed to the cold temps, but also allowed for clear viewing of this astronomical event. Thank goodness the wind was negligible. It was cold enough without the wind.

So MWrigley finally got her flowers yesterday (on our five month anniversary by the way) from FTD. As you know, they didn't deliver them on Valentines Day and were unreachable by phone or email. On Friday, it was the same story: I couldn't reach them by phone and they didn't return my emails. Saturday morning I got through....at least to the point of being on hold for 20 minutes before I gave up. Finally, Saturday evening, I was able to get through and actually talk to someone. After a pain in the ass conversation about trying to find a new bouquet to send (she kept recommending really bad arrangements), I finally settled on an arrangement that was about 35-40% more than what I originally ordered. So the CSR tells me she's going to credit me for my original order and charge me the higher amount for the second order!! I don't think so.

It made me wonder what ever happened to customer service. FTD isn't the only game in town. There's Proflowers.com, 1-800 Flowers.com and local florists. Next time I think I'm going to go with the local florist option. I suggest you do the same!! Remember, I ordered these flowers two weeks early!!

4 comments:

alexis said...

oh goodness, let's not get into customer service here. I need to keep my blood pressure down!

stef said...

Wow. That is outRAgeous! I'll certainly never use them again.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went out of your own free will in the cold again to get the picture (which is quite nice).

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I did go out in the cold to see the eclipse (even brought out my telescope!), but the picture is from the web. I can't take credit for it.