Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Starbucks Closed!!!!

Yes, as you've probably heard, Starbucks closed for 3 hours yesterday from 5:30 until 8:30. Usually that's not a big deal for me, but I had my training session on Tuesday at 4 and was really looking forward to having coffee afterwards. No biggee though. I feel for all of the people who use them as their office (I'm looking at YOU el supremo de NM).

Not much going on today as Ricardo and I had a meeting with an attorney with whom we were consulting, but not charging. It's a good exercise since we don't often work on service sector clients. As an attorney on his own, he has some interesting market niche issues and some difficulty distinguishing himself in the marketplace.

One thing I did want to mention was an exercise that my trainer had me doing. There's two flights of stairs in the gym we train at (10 stairs and 8 stairs probably). So Joel has me run up the stairs, two at a time, while holding a 25 lb. weight over my head. On the way down I lower the weight and hit every stair. Four times. Later in the workout, I had to do it again...four times. Then towards the end of the workout, I had to do it again....another four times. Let me tell you, I thought I was going to drop. AND I thought I was going to be really sore since I was also doing other leg exercises. However, I think the stage 3 recovery Power Bar that I ate (within 30 minutes of finishing the workout) really helped and I wasn't sore at all! Nice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe the Magnifico - Playing softball in the big leagues at 50!

alexis said...

that exercise reminds me of parents. I guess that's what they end up doing all day.

Ken said...

maybe you can start a moving company :~)

stef said...

Wow. I think i would not be able to move after doing that.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I tell ya, I'm in decent shape by all accounts and this exercise was murder. Going UP stairs, 2 at a time and carrying a weight OVER your head and then doing it basically 12 times in the course of an hour while doing other strenuous stuff.....let me tell ya, I was pretty proud that I could actually do it!

Anonymous said...

Lean mean fighting machine!! I fell down the flight of stairs and hit myself in the head with the weight, which knocked me unconscious, the second time I attempted to try this exercise in MY HEAD! Kudos to you!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Don't think I don't think about that every time I do the exercise! I did it again yesterday on a flight of 20 steps without a landing. All I could think of was what would happen if I stumbled and where the weight would go. Ugh, not a pretty site.