Sunday, February 24, 2008

What to do after getting dumped??

Well, there are a bunch of different things you CAN do. Among them are unproductive activities such as sulking, eating a whole mess of bad food, getting hammered out of your gourd or trying to find a rebound partner. Fortunately (I think), I've done none of those things.

Instead, I hit a fish fry on Friday with Ricardo (my first bar visit in some time), played softball on Saturday night and had a few drinks at the bar with some of my teammates, and continued the demolition of my guest bathroom. Yes, it was nice to have something to hit and break without recourse. Might seem a little dramatic, but it's true. Plus there's the sense of accomplishment. Here are some pics showing the latest progress:




















You can see the hallway as a reference point. Below is the same wall, but higher and up to the ceiling.































This shot is of the "window wall" next to my toilet. Behind this wall is a window to an air shaft that I'll be opening up with some glass block.













Here you can see where the window ledge is and where the insulation starts where the glass block will be. Pretty cool huh?












The unfortunate thing is that the window runs all the way to the ceiling. I don't want a window that big though, so I'll need to either cut it off at some point....maybe a foot below the ceiling, or do something. It would just be odd to run the window all the way up into the ceiling though.















If you go to Starbucks enough and one of the baristas has a crush on you, you can get your name up on a chalkboard and be customer of the week like me!! Note the Outback hat she drew which I like to wear. Too funny. The board is only about 18" to 2' high and is in the back of the store near all the coffee bags and such. It's not up front by the register, so I'm not expecting too much fame or notoriety.

4 comments:

alexis said...

awwww - that is so sweet. And I'd totally forgotten about that hat. Do you go even in all that snow?

stef said...

Now I can start to imagine what that window will look like in there. Love the chalkboard. what a nice little warm fuzzy to get during a tough time.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nothing prevents my visits to Starbucks Alexis! Nothing!!

Anonymous said...

You forget Alexis, he's from Chicago...They laugh at the thought of blizzards stopping them!