Friday, April 25, 2008

Why can't more women act like this??

Many of you know that my last significant relationship basically broke up with me over email, though a phone call followed that evening. That was after 5 months of dating and family introductions, the whole nine yards. Probably less than ideal by anyone's standards. Last night, I had an opposite end of the spectrum experience.

A lovely woman from Glen Ellyn and I had met on eHarmony and have had a few dates including time at each other's homes. Glen Ellyn, for those not familiar with Chicago and it's burbs, is about 45-75 minutes away, depending on traffic. Still, I felt we had a lot in common and that the distance shouldn't be a barrier to a potential relationship. Well, I kind of developed the feeling that she, though 38, wasn't ready for a real committed relationship (at least with me) and knew that our meeting last night was going to be "the talk". She took the train in from GE (her suggestion) and I picked her up there and we went to a bar/grill. Three hours later we parted on friendly terms after having the George Castanza "it's not you, it's me" discussion about half way through the evening. We actually laughed a bit about that as we're both Seinfeld fans. And yes, we still had drinks and fun AFTER we discussed not dating.

Anyway, THAT'S how reasonable adults act, or at least should act. You would think that after only a few dates it would be more acceptable to not take the train in from the burbs and just talk on the phone about it. Pretty much the reverse of what she did and what my last relationship didn't do.

So the dating saga continues!

Softball tournament in Joliet this weekend! Should be a great event and if we win, we'll qualify for a tournament in Disney in September.

Here's a summary of my TC4 viewing from the other night:

Isn't anyone else outraged that Lisa and Antonia just completely ignored the rules of the challenge and got away with it?? If Stephanie would have been sent home, I probably would have hunted down the judges one by one. Talk about getting my blood boiling! What's the point of having these challenges if everyone's given a chicken and you can go make a steak? WTF?? Sure, Steph and Jen's dish wasn't great, but that's partially because the followed the RULES. I'm sure they could have made Duck a L'Orange if they knew they didn't have to follow the rules. Unbelievable. So once again the judges proved how ridiculous they are by choosing the wrong group. Antonia or Lisa or Spike have GOT to go next....and for the next two weeks after that.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've finally come to understand that there are no consequences if you break the rules (whether it's a federal law or a something less significant.)

It's just up to the individual to win fair.

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on the breakup communication discussion and I thought that was very thoughtfully written.

Please don't let this positive comment go to you head - I will keep the lid on them in the future.

stef said...

Totally Pissed about the decision! I would add Nikki to your time to go list though.