Monday, April 14, 2008

Realization

Today I was reminded how painfully annoying doing my taxes can be. Mind you, they aren't terribly difficult, especially in this modern age of tax software programs (I use TurboTax), but they are extremely detailed oriented. I often wonder how the average non-financially oriented person actually finishes them. If you have a regular job though, maybe it's not all that tough. Throw in a business, a couple of schedule k-1's, some stock sales, tax free income, a bunch of charitable contributions, a SEP retirement plan, non-deductible IRA's, phased out expenses and next thing you know it's actually a pain. It's nice to be done!

Normally I send off my taxes in October after getting an extension (lower chance of an audit) but this year I mailed them a day early!!

Just had the realization that my flight on Thursday is at 7:40 a.m. Not nuts about that, but we're playing a round of golf in the afternoon so if I want to play golf on the east coast in the afternoon, I'm going to have to sacrifice a little! Poor me. I'm thinking about getting a Blackberry before I leave on my trip! I'll let you know if I do.

2 comments:

alexis said...

hope the weather is lovely, have fun!!

stef said...

Then you'll have to get on Twitter. And you'll never blog again.