Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What price wine?

Today I did something I haven't done in....forever: I bought three bottles of wine and it cost me $100. While $30 a bottle (plus 10% tax) doesn't seem like much (I think) to most wine drinkers, it's about twice what I normally pay. However, two of the bottles were gifts (a Gary Farrell Russian River Valley Pinot Noir and a Bethel Heights Oregon Pinot Noir). The third bottle was for me and was also a Bethel Heights. Though I didn't open either of the two bottles I gifted, the wine I did enjoy was another fine Pinot Noir, though I can't remember the name.

My point to all this being that sometimes you interact with people in your life who cause you to move out of your food routine. You've probably all experienced this at some point if you think about it: your first sushi meal (thanks Haywood and Pat!). First Thai food (thanks Joe Mansueto). First higher end wine? First large cheese sample before dinner?

Well, if I start drinking more expensive wine, I'll know who to blame. Guilty party to be named later.

Busy day scheduled for Wednesday as I prepare for my trip to Myrtle Beach. Lots of work, a Red Cross finance committee meeting, my weekly personal training session, packing, guitar playing and some arrangements to be made. A small price to pay I guess.

6 comments:

alexis said...

oh oh, 10 bucks if I can guess who's the influence???

stef said...

Hmmm, who ever could it be?

Anonymous said...

well...i was gonna guess but now i'm sure i know too! Ha!

Desiree said...

Joe: 12-pack of Goose Island 312, $10.99 on sale at Jewel.

Anonymous said...

I have a tear in my eye. Our boy is growing up!

Anonymous said...

Thank God I'm far enough away to not be blamed - though I do want to try the wine :)