Monday, April 21, 2008

Myrtle Beach: Mecca to Golfers and Skinny Black Guys

Yeah, I'm not the most PC guy you know, but that's no surprise so I might as well cut out the pretense and just jump in! If you're a plus size white woman and you like skinny black guys, head to Myrtle Beach! I swear, I was there for 30 minutes and saw no fewer than 10 couples with larger white women and skinny black guys. Just an observation. BTW, I saw most of the couples at the mall while waiting for Joisey Ken's flight to arrive.

Also, if you're a woman who is into wealthy older guys, you should hang out at the Myrtle Beach Airport (not that big a place by the way). I haven't seen such a homogeneous group of people in one place since leaving Naperville in the early '80's. The age was easy to tell and so was the wealth: traveling to Myrtle Beach to golf on a Thursday afternoon ain't cheap. The age of these guys was probably 40-70. You could have your pick!!

You've all seen golf bags coming through an airport baggage carousel but now envision every other bag being a golf bag. That's what it was like when I arrived.

So there you go, I'm a matchmaker!!

Look at what greeted me at the MB airport. It's no O'Hare. And look at that sky!!





















Zoom in on those trees!










Ken on day one at Burning Ridge. He was in the needles but not OB I think.














Even the moon came out!









Day two at Black Bear. Floppy hat Friday!! It was our only early tee time for the weekend.















Crown Park's club house. Some clouds by noon on day three.













Still a very pretty environment to golf in.










Ken told me to take a picture of this hole because it was so pretty. I did. Then I smacked a drive right down the middle of this par 5.











And hit my second shot to within about two feet. I hit the putt for eagle! Sweet!







More on the rest of the trip tomorrow!!

2 comments:

stef said...

Wow. It looks absolutely gorgeous. So are you tan?

Anonymous said...

That initial sky looks almost as great as our everyday sky here in NM.