Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mish-Mosh

I failed to mention that one of the teams we beat last weekend in softball took second place in one organizations national championship. Yowza.

So I'm reading Peanuts cartoon the other day and it's one about the start of baseball season. I started thinking, as I tend to do before going to bed, have I ever seen Linus or Schroeder or Snoopy ever make an error in a game?? It's always Lucy missing a ball and Charlie Brown getting his clothes knocked off. What's it been....58 years since the strip started and three players haven't made a single error. Now THAT'S impressive.


This could only happen to the Cubs. I love the sculptor's excuse. And then all of those people who didn't notice the problem....unbelievable.

Took my car into the Stef recommended auto repair shop today. This place is OLD SCHOOL! One guy and an apprentice. One lift. Two bay doors, one on either end of the very small building. An old, dirty office right off the work area. Old license plates on the wall. Parts everywhere. Everything everywhere. Awesome. I dropped it off and described the problem. Thanks to Ricardo for giving me a ride by the way!!

It turns out the owner, who took my captive attention as an opportunity to tell me what is wrong with the city of Chicago, Mayor Daley, new cars and new car repair shops, has been in the business for 40 years. Wow. Anyway, he told me what he thought the problem was and told me he'd call me later.

And guess what? He did! AND he solved my problem! AND he only charged me $40! Why? How? Well, it turns out the problem was some lose screws and some misaligned hood bumpers which made a nasty reverberation sound while the car was in drive. Of course I couldn't tell what the problem was, so this was excellent news. No noise on the way home! Yay for me!! Thanks Stef!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That guy sounds like a treasure.

stef said...

Oh awesome. everyone has a good experience with Dave! We totally have to take our truck in...

alexis said...

I miss dave! I would bring my car to him yet, if Lisa hadn't heartlessly sold it... :)