Friday, April 04, 2008

Thinking ahead!

Lots of forward thinking events to consider. Joisey Ken and I are finalizing plans to go golfing at Myrtle Beach in a few weeks! It's an off weekend for softball and should be really nice weather-wise. Of course, hanging out with the newly engaged Ken is always fun. Plans should be finalized by tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, another softball tournament is on the agenda. This will be my last tournament for three weeks, which is good. I'm not much for playing in the cold, but after my success last weekend, I've been told I'll be hitting leadoff in game one Saturday. The unfortunate thing is that we are playing in Sugar Grove which is butt-far west of everything! Oh well. Traffic shouldn't be bad at 8 a.m.

Not much else to report to you today. I had one of the best burgers ever last night at Kuma's Corner on west Belmont. Great food, atmosphere was just ok.

How far into a relationship do you think I should let a potentially significant other know about my blog? Joisey Ken thought 6 months, but that seems a bit excessive. What do you think?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a tough one - you tend toward the brutally honest which I think most people have a hard time - not to mention you're rather 'direct' sense of humor. On the other hand, if someone can't accept you as you, you're not going to have a long relationship with them any way. I think you should let them know soon but make sure they understand the nature of your writing style.

Put Kuma's on the agenda for next trip!

Anonymous said...

Hmm..Have you found that the mention of having a blog has been a deterrent to potential siginificant others?

Anonymous said...

Oops. Mispelled "significant".

Anonymous said...

6 mos!! It might be too late for them to escape at that point :-) In a fresh relationship you gradually discover new things about the other person.I just dont think its plus if the new person has access to all of your dates and past relationships over the last 2 or 3 years.That being said(without sounding like one of the guys on the corner yesterday:)I think you're a great guy and any girl would be lucky to have you!
Ken

Anonymous said...

7 years, like your tax records.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Now that's some funny shit right there Ricardo.

I totally hear you Ken. It's a valid concern.

No DogBrian, it hasn't much I don't think. Melissa didn't read it and seemed uncomfortable that I even wrote one though.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh, and el supremo, it's on the list!!

And I think I need a happy medium between you and Ken somehow!!

Anonymous said...

Probably not til you're engaged :-)

Desiree said...

Joe, have you not considered the possibility that your datee might have Googled you and is already reading your blog regularly?!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I have considered that and actually EXPECT it Des, but it's not that easy to come up with my blog even if you know you're looking for one. The best I've been able to do is have it come up on page two of a google search with the right combination of words.

If they find it on their own, that's fine by me. They read at their own risk then. But me actually telling them sort of shifts the responsibility for the content more to me.