Thursday, April 10, 2008

Something I forgot

After drinking 50 ozs of beer last night, trying to write my blog entry might not have been the best thing. I completely forgot this little picture that a friend sent me. Try not to think too hard about it or your head might explode.


Cage free. Fine. Got it. Vegetarian eggs?? Huh? Wha....I just don't even know where to start with that one. So if I'm a vegetarian, I can eat these eggs? Huh? WTF??


Well, as near as I can figure, the chickens laying the eggs only ate grains and such. Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but I don't know many carnivorous chickens. I'm not even sure of the last time I heard of a chicken attacking a dog or a kid or something. They only eat grains right??

Which brings up another issue. If the eggs, a product of chickens, are vegetarian because of what the chickens who layed them eat, and they actually contain the makeup of a chicken in the egg, then aren't you essentially eating a chicken? It's all very confusing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not confusing - just a bunch of people who who have more money and time then brains. Put them in Darfur for a month and let's see how restrictive they make their diet.

50 oz of beer - you lush!

stef said...

I believe the vegetarian eggs does refer to the chicken feed. http://www.egginnovations.com/vegetarian.html

Sadly in many factory farms, carcasses of other chickens can be rendered and fed back to them.

http://www.ucsusa.org/food_and_environment/sustainable_food/they-eat-what.html

One of the many reasons I was vegetarian for so many years!