Sunday, April 13, 2008

Taxman cometh

Yeah, I finally sat down and did my taxes on Sunday while watching The Masters and the Cubs game. What a fun day! It was cold, but sunny, down here by the lake while I guess it snowed out in the burbs.

Only three more days until I leave for Myrtle Beach! Very excited about the trip!! And guess what's in the lobby of my resort? That's right, a Starbucks!! How awesome is that?

I did some work on my bathroom yesterday and today, trying to get the 2x4 cross-beams which were used to support the old ceiling. To get them out, according to Manual Labor Mike, I needed to cut them in half first and then work the nails out from either end. It actually worked!!

Next on the agenda for the bathroom is ordering the glass block that is going to go into the window slot that had been walled up. Once I have an E.T.A. on the glass block (to be shipped in one piece), I'll take out the vanity and the wall behind the vanity. Getting closer!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Golf Vacation!

Desiree said...

When I get a place of my own, will you come over and do the handyman stuff for me? Thanks for giving us the W, Chase Utley!

alexis said...

your restroom project is almost epic. What will you do when it is done? Or will you, like Ulysses wife, unravel your work with a sledge hammer?

stef said...

Can't wait to see what the glass looks like!

Anonymous said...

What? No drinking?

-a confused dJF

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

C'mon now djf, I don't drink EVERY day.

The project really has become epic. Mostly I'm just drawing it out longer than I need to for no particular reason other than ease of trash removal. I'm a big fan of having as much of the stuff to be installed already in my possession before finalizing demolition.