Sunday, April 06, 2008

Brew Dogs go 10-0!!

What a glorious weekend of weather in Chicago. Today, in the burbs at least, it topped out at almost 70. Nice and sunny too. Good stuff.

Our softball team was playing in a tournament out in Sugar Grove this weekend after winning our first tournament of the year and going 5-0 last weekend. This weekend we repeated the feat! We went 5-0 over the two days to go 10-0 on the season in tournament play.

I don't try to tout my play much, but I'm going to make an exception today. In our first game on Saturday, I went 2 for 4. Nothing to write in a blog about. But then I went 16 out of my next 18 in the last four games and was moved into the lead off spot for the last three games. THAT'S something to write about! After having an on base average of .685 last weekend, my OBA was a robust .818 this weekend. That's pretty freaking good!!















Here's our team pic after the win! The infield was limestone, which is a pretty terrible surface to play infield on. It was in stark contrast to playing on the artificial surface of Crystal Lake the week before which was pretty sweet to play on.















Our fans today!! We had....three wives, three girlfriends, four kids, two dogs and then two guys from our other team come watch us. Quite the crowd!! Everyone shows up for championship Sunday.....at least if it's the first warmer day of the year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done my friend! If you keep up this pace, you may have to take out Sadist Joel somewhere as a thanks.