Friday, April 04, 2008

Chant! 1-2-3-4 don't march in my neighborhood any more. 5-6-7-8 seriously, get the F@#$% out of my neighborhood.

After softball today, more on that tomorrow I'm sure, I came home and ordered some Chinese food at around 8:30 or so. I mention the time and all because I was at the fields at 9 a.m. and so I had been gone almost 12 hours and we pretty tired. Soooo, I'm walking to the corner of Halsted and Roscoe to get my food and there's a ruckus in the intersection. That's right, a ruckus.

As I approached the corner though, I saw that it's more than a ruckus but a quasi-organized march. There's about 150 people or so shouting: 1-2-3-4 we won't put up with anti-gay anymore (or something to that effect), 5-6-7-8 we will not assimilate. Just like the Borg!!!

Really? Marching against gay bashers in a predominately gay neighborhood?? Is that really going to have the impact you're looking for? Shouldn't they do it down in the Gold Coast or something? Michigan Avenue maybe? Just seemed kind of stupid. It would be like me leading a march around a softball complex in support of playing outdoor sports. Just kind of useless.

Here's my comment on Top Chef from last week which I posted on another person's blog.

FINALLY a show that I was expecting out of Top Chef. Think about what you want to prepare for a day, shop for the ingredients and then make something outstanding. Even the worst dishes weren't bad, just pedestrian. Nothing WRONG with that, just less good. It's amazing what these folks can do when they don't have transport/wait/and cook for 100. Nice show.

That said, I was a little upset that they sent home Miguel and not Spike. Their reasoning actually led to the conclusion that Spike should be sent home (he was clearly the leader on this meal) but then they flipped it and sent home Miguel. Miguel wasn't going to win and maybe he was wishy-washy on this dish, but if Spike isn't wearing a hat every show, tilted to one side like some sort of 1940's hipster-doofus (no offense Kramer), the producers would have sent him home.

Can't Zoe just be sent home for being retarded??

I thought I had Richard in my lineup but didn't!! Arrrghh.

5 comments:

stef said...

Hmm. That is a strange place to have a gay rights demonstration. Did you ever find out more information? Was it targeting a business or something?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Unfortunately I didn't Stef. I was gone all day Sunday and too tired and hungry on Saturday night to investigate further. Thought maybe I'd read about it somewhere though.

Anonymous said...

FINALLY, a Borg reference. You continue to slide down the primrose path Lakeview - eating French, watching Top Chef, playing the guitar, now a Borg reference. Only you spectacular softball play saves you from total geekdom.

alexis said...

"It would be like me leading a march around a softball complex in support of playing outdoor sports. Just kind of useless. "

HAHAHAHA

Also, title - totally hilarious.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Thanks Alexis! I laughed myself while writing it and hoped it would be appreciated.

I don't like the way you spin things el supremo. Very bad.