Thursday, April 24, 2008

Car Karma

Last week, my car was parked in it's usual parking space around the corner and down the street from my condo. Unfortunately on this particular morning, every bird in Chicago decided to take a crap on it. These pictures don't do it justice, but I'll display them anyway.












































Before leaving for Myrtle Beach, I vacillated about whether to put my car in my parking spot (and risk so much more crapping) or in front of my condo, where my neighbors could actually watch it. I opted to put it across the street, relatively close to the condo (the closest spot available). Upon my return on Monday, I noticed the car was indeed, gone. Great.

Upon further examination, the residents who lived in the building in front of which I parked, had put up moving signs which means my car was towed Monday morning. Ugh. After several calls to 311, the non-emergency number of the city, I found out my car hadn't been "towed" but "relocated". Huge difference! No ticket and no tow company to deal with. As it turns out, they just moved it around the corner and that was it. Whew! Got lucky there I guess. Good car karma kicking in.

Tuesday was Earth Day. In honor of ED, I took a mug to Starbucks instead of using their cups and creating garbage. Having just returned from Myrtle, I had some errands to run and set the rather wide based mug on the passenger seat as it wouldn't fit into the cup holder. After several stops on my list of errands, I went to grab the now less than half full mug only to find it had tipped over at the last stop light. Arrrrggghhhhh. Coffee all over the seat and soaking in fast. I pulled over, opened the trunk in fruitless search of a towel. My softball bag was there though and I keep a towel in it for hot days. So I grabbed it and started patting down the coffee mess. Much to my surprise, it was coming up and not leaving a stain!!! Whoo-hoo!! Good car karma strikes again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you were a car yourself in prior life.

stef said...

Just goes to show, sometimes you get crapped on, and other times you don't.