Monday, April 28, 2008

Guitar One Rep

Tonight I started my guitar one repertoire class. I like what the teacher wants us to achieve: get better at the chords we already know, do some different strumming rhythms and maybe learn one or two more chords. It seems doable, though I'm pretty bad at the strumming part.....guess that's why I'm taking the class!

Another winter day in Chicago. I was supposed to go golfing, but the rain and 42 degree weather forced us to reschedule. After being outside for softball all weekend, it was a welcome reprieve.

A late update to a previous entry about me buying more expensive wine. I promised to let you know who was causing me to act in such a way. No, it was not el supremo nor was it Ricardo. It was actually the woman from Glen Ellyn of whom I wrote about on Friday. She used to live in California and knew a fair amount about wine, so it was tough for me to show up for a date with a bottle of $10 Smoking Loon (which I actually like!). When making first impressions, my hands were tied pretty much. If you think that it is silly for some reason or shallow, consider how you would feel about a new date who showed up with Boones Farm or Charles Shaw. It's just a matter of degree at that point.

7 comments:

Desiree said...

I only want to date drinkers of good beer.

Anonymous said...

If only the relationship was continuing, Ricardo and I could have looked forward to an every increasing quality of wine from you...sigh...maybe he and I should infiltrate eHarmony and get you fixed up with another oenophile.

stef said...

I should have known only a female would change your buying habits. As long as it wasn't clothing anyway.

Anonymous said...

One thing that has helped me out on the guitar immensely was a book called Solo Guitar by Fredrick Noad. I bought a cheap ass music stand and started knocking out some of the exercises. I would prefer doing it with someone else (a lot of teacher/student shit, my teacher and I still do one every week to warm up and so forth). At any rate, you will feel much more confident with your strumming and your fingers attached to your left hand won’t tell you to f’ yourself anymore.

Go Bar Cords and Go Cubs!! Hah’

tim

Anonymous said...

What did you do with all the Christmas clothes by the way? Still wearing those pants without pleats? :-)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

C'mon Des! You have to be able to drink good wine too!

Tim, the book is on its way! $8 including shipping from Amazon used.

You know me too well already stef. I believe you were thinking the answer was el supremo though! Ha!

Speaking of whom, don't you dare el supremo!!

I am not wearing the pants without pleats actually. I gave them back to Melissa to return (she never did replace that gift or the other ones I returned). When we broke up, I gave her back the clothes that she gave me which I hadn't worn. I wasn't going to wear them, so someone might as well benefit was my thinking.

Other than dress pants, I haven't worn a pair of pleated pants in some time....I'll have to change that!!!

alexis said...

I am giving free good beer drinking lessons. Class meets in Brussels!