Friday, May 04, 2007

Random thoughts.

After work today, I went out to buy a beard trimmer. Yep, a beard trimmer. Who knows if it'll be a worthwhile purchase in the long run, but I need it now, so we'll see.

Speaking of which, I was explaining to el supremo de NM the other day that part of the reason for me growing my goatee was, in part, being told that I looked like JK Simmons twice while down in the Turks. Does anyone tell HIM that HE looks like ME? Anyway, I digress. So we had several meetings during the day including one new potential resource. What does this guy say half-way through the meeting? "You look really familiar. Anyone ever tell you that you look like an actor?" Shit.

On my most recent trip, I bought a pair of Phillips Noise Reducing Ear Phones to hook up to my portable DVD player. These things were awesome! I know Bose sells a pair and they are pretty expensive, but I don't think you need to spend that much for a quality products. These things worked so well, when the pilot came on to talk about whatever he was chattering about, I didn't even hear him! With my regular headphones, I had to crank the volume and still couldn't hear the DVD very well. With these, I had the volume set about a third of the way. Sweet.

Over the past few months, I've seen an ad on television for GoldKit.com. I'm not entirely sure how this scam works, but it sounds like a complete ripoff. You can even redeem gold teeth! That just ain't right.

Softball tournament on Saturday. It's out in Itasca, a suburb about 45 minutes away (which one isn't?). Hopefully we do well, but there's a lot of stuff going on tomorrow: Kentucky Derby, Bulls game, Cubs, Sox, De La Hoya/Mayweather fight......wow.

1 comment:

alexis said...

I had no idea JK Simmons had such a following. If it's any consolation I'd never make the analogy since I can't remember the guy's name most of the time.