Thursday, May 10, 2007

Worst day golfing, better than best day working?

After sleeping in a little, though truthfully not as long as I would have thought, I hauled myself downstairs to make a golfing reservation. The course, with cart, is only $50, but it's a $30 cab ride. Well, it turned out to be a $35 cab ride and it was worth it. The course was nice and I was matched with a real nice local. At the end of the round he drove me back to the hotel!! What a guy!

The weather for golf was great and I shot reasonably well considering that I couldn't make a putt on the dreadfully slow greens to safe my life!! Everything in this town is slow apparently! Anyway, I played decently and had a good time. While on the course, as I do frequently to make sure I'm enjoying myself, I said, "C'mon Joe, you're golfing in Florida in May. Enjoy yourself you idiot." That usually works. I actually say it out loud for emphasis and my playing partner made the rather trite comment, "Your worst day golfing is better than your best day working!" I actually disagree whole-heartedly. When I play like shit, I'm miserable....mostly because I know I can play well. And work, at least my work, can be quite rewarding. That said, I'd probably choose golf over work on most days under the assumption that I won't play like crap. You never do know though.

Tonight we're going into "town" to watch the Bulls game and drink. I found out there will be a grand total of 3 single women at the wedding, including the one I've already been on a date with. Maybe I'll drink a LOT tonight.......

3 comments:

alexis said...

you never know... lots of people meet their future spouses at weddings.

Anonymous said...

Oh Joe. This may not be the party wedding of all time but it sure is giving you some great stuff for the blog!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Unfortunately, the prospects of meeting my future spouse here are severely limited.....in fact, I would put the percentage of even going out on a date with one of the three single women at about 5%. Not bloody likely!!

Should be some good fodder though!