Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The End of the Universe

Tuesday was another crazy day for me. My contractor was here working on the doors and trim again. Today's crisis: forgot to buy trim for BOTH the inside and outside of the door frames and of the four rosettes we bought, no two of them match. Nicely done guys. Oh well, they were only $1.50 a piece, so we'll get it right tomorrow.

Naperville Greg came through with delivery of my new knobs and matching hinges for the doors. He finalized the order and sent them UPS on Monday and I had them by 12:30 Tuesday. Nice!! Thanks Naperville Greg!!!

The other item I was waiting for today was the luggage I ordered from Overstock.com. No luck on it's delivery though, so my trip to Tampa is going to have to be with my older stuff. It's not a huge deal, but I don't even know when my next trip anywhere is, so this trip was the primary reason for me buying the luggage now.

I hopped on the bus going to Michigan Avenue to buy a plain white button down shirt. My target was Nordstrom's and they came through with flying colors, after initially thinking that I was going to have to spend $100 or more! Ugh. Found the brand I liked for half that cost though, so I'm good to go. While there I noticed that a new Starbucks was opening up this summer right next to the Tribune Towers, where el supremo de NM and I have a client. That's good right? The crazy thing is that RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET is another Starbucks (the one we visit before going to the client)!!! Lewis Black has a routine where this is a sign of the end of the universe! Too funny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of You Tube, I just saw the best video on earth, check it out. Its The Zimmers doing My Generation, man its awesome!

stef said...

Husband and I are so happy, they are opening a Starbucks on the corner of Pulaski and Lawrence! Here's hoping it increases our property value...

Anonymous said...

You took the bus! I didn't think public transportation was in your vocabulary.

Have fun in Tampa. Maybe Mr. D will calm down after this.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I'm not sure anything's going to calm down Joey-D. He's just a chicken with his head cutoff. And I take the bus fairly regularly, if it's convenient. C'mon now!!

That's great news about the Starbucks stef!! Especially for el supremo de NM. He'll keep them in business single handedly.

I'll check out that you tube video bee, can you send me the link?