Tuesday, May 01, 2007

T-Rex strikes again!!

Some of you know that the T-Rex played a big part in my starting a blog. Last Spring, prior to officially blogging, I would send out emails to people updating them on the progress of my fight against the rats under our front stoop under the subject line of "Rat Tales". Then, after writing far too many other comments on Alexis' blog, I opted to start my own blog last Fall.

So,without further adieu, last night's victim!!












Just like the good ol'days!! This guy was about 5-6" long or so, good sized in the rat world.

As you can see, T-Rex efficiently snaps the rat's neck as it reaches for the food in the bait tray. It's pretty quick, but whether it's painless or not, I have no idea. I reset the trap with more bait hoping to get a two-fer, but no luck. I've closed the one rat hole with newspaper to try and get the activity out towards another hole I discovered and set up T-Rex there. We'll see if there's any luck tonight. If it rains, that would be good for hunting! The rain washes away my scent and the scent of the dead rat, if any.

4 comments:

alexis said...

Ugh.. I know I should feel sorry for the animal but gross- I hate rats.

stef said...

urgh. yes. photo evidence quite unnecessary.

Anonymous said...

GAHHHHH! Dammit Joe, I was eating my breakfast when I caught those pictures! While I think they are awesome and cool, they did not go with breakfast, which is now in the trash...=(

Nice work tho!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Sorry all, but I just HAD to show these pics for the hunting males on the blog.

Bee, this could be a new diet method!!