Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My apologies!

Sorry for missing a day folks....busy, busy, busy! Wanted to throw up some more pics of the wedding in Sarasota. Also had a couple of topics to write about. First the pics:
















Look at the smoke from the fires raging in Florida! You hear about California, but there were only 5 counties in Florida that DIDN'T have a forest fire while we were there.
















I had to take a picture of this sign. Someone did get stung while we were there, but I didn't know them.
















The hotel pool WITHOUT the smoke.

















The groom on his approach....tearing up. The happy couple after the nuptials.

















Okay, two more things that I wanted to write about. I have more, but it's late and I'm drunk again!! Whoo-hoo!!!

Today I went golfing with a potential referral source and pretty good guy. We played at one of my favorite courses, Cantigny (the 'g' is silent). You're probably familiar with the term 'Shark' as it relates to gambling and such (a pool shark for instance). Well, I was the perfect 'Anti-Shark' today. Normally, I don't bet on myself playing golf...or any other sport really. But sometimes it's called for under the auspices of being social. Today was one of those days. Unfortunately, I played lights out on the front nine and shot a 40 and easily could have shot a 37, one over par. In response, my team was up 30+ points or about $10, actually a huge number over nine holes. So on the back nine, I have to give strokes to the other team and I proceed to shoot a 48! Brutal. Fortunately, I still ended up $5 which bought a beer!

While in the car during rush hour, I heard a commercial for Orkin. In the commercial, they say don't try to drown roaches because they can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes. Are people really out there trying to drown individual roaches? Who are these people and how did they get so much damn time on their hands to try and drown roaches?

Two concepts that I'm going to let someone out there pursue and hopefully make a reality: Tivo for the radio and commercials that anticipate a DVR and communicates their message in such a fashion (like large block letters) that gets through to someone trying to skip commercials. The same message will be read by regular viewers, so it's a cool idea. The radio Tivo really needs to happen. How many times have you been listening on the radio and heard someone say something and then say, "What was that? Did they say what I thought they said?" How hard can this invention really be? Let's move people! Move!!

6 comments:

stef said...

They do have tivo for the radio, it's called internet radio.

Anonymous said...

Regarding drowning roaches -- perhaps they were figuring that some solks might try to flush them down the toilet? Even then, though, it's one thing to think they can hold their breath; it's another thing altogether to think they can escape a flushing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking one for the team on the golf!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Close Stef, but why can't I get that for my regular radio in the car? Seems like it's not that hard.

That's what I thought dejesus, but are people really picking up live roaches and flushing them down the toilet??!! That's insane. Smash the bastards.

You don't even know el supremo...you don't even know.

alexis said...

I do drown roaches, I find it quite effective when you substitute insect killer for water.

Anonymous said...

What I think happens, Joe, is that people don't want to touch roaches or scrape their remains off the floor, so they scoop them up in a piece of paper or something and dum them in the toilet. Just guessing, though.